Regulations made by the Minister with approval of Executive Council under section 8 of the Public Health Act, R.S.A. c. P125.
1. In these Regulations—
“establishment” means any place that is open to the public;
“specified period” means 30 April 2020 to 31 May 2020;
Restriction on gatherings during the specified period
2. (1) The assembly or meeting of more than—
(a) 25 persons in a public place; and
(b) 25 persons in a private place
is prohibited during the specified period.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1)(a) no person shall, during the specified period, host or attend—
(a) public parties on the beach or on the mainland;
(b) a recreational or competitive sporting event;
(c) a meeting of a fraternal society, private or social club or civic association or organisation; or
(d) any other social event in a public place other than those specified in subsection (3)(a)
whether or not the assembly or meeting comprises 25 persons or less.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to—
(a) persons attending churches, weddings and funeral;
(b) persons assembling for the purpose of work;
(c) persons attending schools; or
(d) persons attending company meetings.
Social distancing during the specified period
3. Where there is an assembly or meeting of persons in accordance with section 2, persons shall at all times, remain a minimum of 3 ft. away from any other person.
Physical distancing requirements during the specified period
4. Every establishment shall, during the specified period—
(a) determine the number of persons that may be permitted in any establishment at any one time by permitting one person for every 30 square feet of floor space; and
(b) ensure that distance markers are placed at a minimum of 3 feet apart on the floor space of such establishments, indicating where customers must stand while waiting inside the establishment.
5. Any person who fails to comply with sections 2 and 4, is guilty of an offence and is liable upon summary conviction to a fine of $2,500 or to imprisonment for a term of 6 months or to both.
Citation and commencement
6. These Regulations may be cited as the Public Health (Temporary Restrictions on Public Gatherings) Regulations, 2020 and shall come into force on 29 April 2020.
Made by the Minister with approval of the Executive Council this day of April 2020.
Evans McNiel Rogers
Minister of Health